Range is committed to “Operational Excellence”, a core value that drives achievement of its sustainable growth and financial performance. The Company’s vision of “Zero Harm” is that “no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed” and as a result HSE performance is a critical element of our Operational Excellence goal. It is, therefore, the Policy of the Company, and far as is reasonably practicable, to:
- Implement and maintain HSE management systems to prevent accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses and environmental incidence;
- Meet or exceed compliance with all applicable HSE laws and regulations;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of a safe work environment, safe equipment and work procedures;
- Foster a culture where all employees and contractors are held accountable for following all Company Policies and Procedures;
- Provide appropriate training, re-training and supervision to maintain the competence levels of all employees to safely perform their duties;
- Ensure timely investigation and reporting of all HSE related incidents; and
- Conduct regular reviews of the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
During 2016, Range has seen a substantial improvement in all key HSE indicators including Lost Time Incident (“LTI”) frequency and environmental incidents, which is a notable achievement. The Company is proud to have decreased the LTI frequency rate by 75% to 0.61, which is significantly below the average of 1.35 reported by the International Association of Drilling Contractors for the onshore US Oil & Gas Industry.
Concern for the environment is of utmost importance to Range where our policy is to minimise our potential environmental impact by striving to:
- Protect the natural environment;
- Implement a cost effective waste and emissions management programme to prevent and control pollution;
- Manage, monitor and communicate our environmental performance; and
- Integrate environmental considerations into all our business processes and strive for continuous improvement.
The Company has successfully completed its accreditation process in Trinidad as per STOW (“Safe to Work”) requirements and was granted two years certification, effective December 2014.
Range’s HSE and gathering station teams have previously won a number of awards at Petrotrin’s HSE Leadership Forum including the top award for best all round lease operator.